Custom Glitter Text

Thursday 31 January 2013

Chickpea burgers


When I was cooking these little burgers I expected a nice dish but nothing spectacular to be honest. I was wrong. They are even better than meat burgers (and I can admit I’m a big fun of meat).I didn’t experiment much in this recipe but I think there must be many other variations. Adding pancetta to chickpeas paste or some exotic spices would be interesting. Maybe making little balls (kind of Italian meatballs) and serving with yoghurt dip would make a great starter of finger food type dish. I had it for a quick lunch next day and I think they taste cold even better than straight from the pan. 

Phot. Anna Daniluk

Ingredients (gives about 8 small burgers):

200 g chickpeas, raw
1 small onion
4 big mushrooms, grated on the large holed side of grater
2tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, grated or chopped
1 spoon of fresh, chopped dill
Salt and black pepper
Oil or olive for frying the burgers (sorry but I dint measure how much I used. You will need about 2-3 tbsp.) 

Preparation:

1.   Cook the chickpeas according to instruction (it need to be soaked in water overnight)
2.   Heat the olive oil in small pan and fry onion for few minutes until slightly coloured. Add the grated mushrooms together with garlic (you can grate garlic clove, it works very well) and fry for another few minutes until all nicely browned.
3.   Mince the chickpeas using food processor or meat grinder.
4.   Mix the chickpeas paste with fried onion with mushrooms. Add 1 egg, dill, salt and black pepper.
5.   Form little burgers or balls and fry on medium heat for few minutes until browned.

Carbohydrates:
Chickpeas 88g
Onion 6g
Mushrooms approx.3g
Whole mixture: 97g
1 burger: 12g

No comments:

Post a Comment